|F - J|
|FREE Flashcards & Printables from Mama Miss|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Frogs, finger paint, food, feathers, farm animals, foam stickers, fur, football, flowers, food coloring, felt, fruit, fruit loops, fun, funnels.
FREE! educational computer games, printables, authors' activities, and ebook resources are available on my right sidebar.
FIVE SENSES IDEAS
- Touch: The Good Long Road, Nurture Store Playdough and Teach Preschool
- Sight: Crystal's Tiny Treasures
- Hearing: Carrots are Orange
- Taste: Crayon Freckles, Train Up a Child
- Smell: The Pleasantest Thing, Rainy Day Mum and Housing a Forest
| Wildlife FUN 4 Kids|
- Stop Bullying - It Starts at Home
- How to Build Self-Esteem in Young Children
- "I Luv U" Self-Esteem Sensory Bag & Books
FINE MOTOR SKILLS
| FINE MOTOR Activities on Love, Play, Learn|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Glue, googly eyes, graham crackers, gardening, games, grasshoppers, guitar, grapes, ghosts, green, gum, glitter, goop, giggle.
- Garage Sales: gently used books, games, puzzles. Sometimes the person having the garage sale with give items to you for free if they know it will be used in a classroom.
- Grants: Perhaps a parent or the grade level teachers can write a grant for supplies, books and resources.
|Make Up GAMES with Whatever Interests a Child|
Benefits of Playing GAMES:
- Social Skills: Playing games fosters skills in healthy competition, taking turns, sharing, listening, cooperating, good sportsmanship, how to handle disappointment, sense of belonging, and the development of problem-solving skills.
- Vocabulary and Language: Interaction and communication increases word usage and comprehension
- Math Skills: Following rules helps children learn to think logically and in sequence to reach a desired goal
- Reading Skills: Read or write down the rules.
- Inspires Creativity: Encourage children to make up their own games with whatever they have or whatever interests them
- Physical Exercise: Outdoor games and many indoor games work the muscles, improve coordination and release stress
- Increases IQ: Playing games increases the number of new brain connections
|Taming the GRASSHOPPER as Pets|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: hand, home, happy, heart, hammer, hospital, hot dog, hug, hopscotch, horse, hedgehog, hog, hop, hair.
Hands: Trace childrens hands for reindeer antlers, turkey feathers, wreaths. Teach children how to make animals shadows using their hands.
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Ice, ice cream, igloo, icycle, insects, imagination, idea, ivy, iris, ice skaters, iguana, index cards.
Ice Experiment:: Have children drop food coloring into ice trays filled with water. Freeze. Some warm day, take ice trays outside and watch cubes melt.
|Igloo by Giggle, Giggle Kindergarten|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Jump, jump rope, jacks, jello, jelly, jam, journals, Jamberry, Journeys of TX Bear and Kindergarten Lunboxes Need Kids' JOKES.
Would you like a glimpse into Kindergarten? See Kindergarten: Tattle-Tales, Tools, Tactics, Triumphs and Tasty Treats for Teachers and Parents. Would you like to help your preschooler prepare for kindergarten? Read a mom's dilemmas with a teacher's advice and child development explanations in The Happy Mommy Handbook: The Ultimate How-to Guide on Keeping Your Toddlers and Preschoolers Busy, Out of Trouble and Motivated to Learn. These bestsellers make great gifts and are also available on Barnes & Noble and Kobo. The eBooks are only $3.99.