|P to T|
This is Part 4 in my series of the ABCs of Thrifty Teaching Tools. Click here for A to E, F to J, K to O and U to Z. Below is a link to 60+ Kid Bloggers in an amazing Alphabet Series in five categories.
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Pom poms, pizza, pillows, puppets, puzzles, popcorn, porcupine, paint, playdough, paper towel rolls, pasta, pets, peanuts, pretzels, pictures, picture books, pipe cleaners, pinecones, pineapples, paper, popsicles, pop, packing peanuts, pogo sticks, pony, paper plate crafts, paint with straws, patterns, picnic, pig, penguin, princess, pumpkins, polar bear, Pin the Nose on...
|My Little PONY Craft|
- Play: The Central Importance of Play
- Playdough: The A-Z of Playdough Recipes and Activities
- Phonics: Do you need to buy an expensive phonics program? Not really. Check my right sidebar for many free education resources.
- Pinterest: Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Teachers
|Sock PUPPET for Fox in Socks|
|PREVENTION & Consequences: Better than Spanking|
I grew up PLAYING OUTSIDE often. What did I play?
- Jacks - I was the Queen of Jacks – spent many hours on the front porch playing with old rusty jacks and the same golf ball
- Jump rope
- Skates - hand-me-down metal skates with a key to adjust size – not exactly speedy
- Bicycles - old bikes my father kept repairing
- Dolls were carted around in wagons and buggies
- Kick the can
- Basketball, softball, catch
- Hola Hoop
- Pogo Stick
- Marble games in the dirt
- Croquet - We didn’t have a set but our best friends did
- Hide and seek
- Hopscotch with a rock
- Collections - I loved collecting locust shells in the daytime and fireflies at night. (To read the entire post, click on Back to the Basics: Play Outside.)
|PILLOW FIGHT: Get Moving Sumo|
|Pizza Box Kitchen|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Q-tips, quilts, quiet space, quarters, quick, Quaker Oats.
|from Rainbows within Reach|
- Quilt: Make a tissue paper quilt using different colors in squares
- Quiet Space: Children will greatly benefit from a quiet reading space and it will give you some down time. A sheet or blanket over chairs works great.
- Q-Tips: Children enjoy using a Q-tip, white paint and black paper for a stark contrast. If they are not sure what to paint, you could suggest a snowman at night with a moon and stars.
|QUIET Time helps children and parents|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Read, rice, robots, races, rainbows, rope, recycle, re-use, restore, replinsh, ribbons, rocks, rubbings, rest, relax, respect, responsibility, rhyme, roads, rockets, rain.
- Reading Buddies: This can be a very successful program in school to have an older class come in for thirty minutes a week to read the kindergartners' library books to them. The students can also help with some writing activities.
- Recycle! Upcycle! Kids' Arts & Activities on Pinterest
- Recycling ABCs Craft to Art
|REAL books or eReaders?|
|ROCK Gathering & Painting Helps Daddy|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Seeds, straws, sticks, spray bottles, sew, slide, swing, snake, snow, snowflakes, sensory bins, sun, shadows, shaving cream, sheets, salt, soups, share, service, science, Scavenger hunt, stamps, spatula, special, snickers, soap, sort, salt, sand, sponges, sticks, seashells, stars, seahorse, slime, shake, shapes, snails, sea, see, seagulls, sidewalk, stickers, spiders, socks, spinner games.
|SLIME Recipes and Video|
|Wildlife Fun 4 Kids|
|Inner Child Fun|
|SPECIAL Needs Tips for Teachers & Parents|
- Spooktacular Smorgasbord of Simple Science Activities
- Story Starters using Leftovers from Little Moments
- Sand Sifting to Teach Letters in a Sensory Way
- Sensory Play: ABCs Series
- Steve Spangler Science on Pinterest
|SENSORY Word Blocks|
|The Good Long Road|
|STICK Fun Down at the Farm|
Items for Activities, Alphabet Boxes and Blocked Letters: Transporation, trains, trucks, tigers, tubes, tin cans, tin foil, tissue paper, toilet paper rolls, touch, taste, time, time out, tick-tock, tea party, tarantula, teams, t-shirt, ten, Tuesday, treasure hunt, tree, turkey, turtles, Twister game, think, thank you, things that go, thrift stores.
- Tin Can Magnetic Play
- Duck TAPE + Cars = Math
- Duck TAPE Drums
- Transportation: Things that Go - Trains
- The Tiger that came to Tea
- Thrifty Teaching Tools: A to E
- Thrifty Teaching Tools: F to J
- Thrifty Teaching Tools: K to O
- Thrifty Teaching Tools: U to Z
Another category in this ABCs Series is Literacy and Language:
- Books for Preschoolers from Mommy and Me Book Club
- Building a Home Library from Ready Set Read!
- Early Language Learning from Playting with Words 365
- Early Literacy from Playdough to Plato
- Exploring Books from JDaniel4's Mom
- Graphic Novels from Pragmatic Mom
- Learning to Read Through Play from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
- Learning to Write from NurtureStore
- Reading Comprehension for Pre K-Grade 1 from The Wise Owl Factory
- Storytelling from A Mom with a Lesson Plan
You may be interested in my books.
Both have been number 1 bestsellers.