Of course your child needs a nutritious lunch - but have you thought about putting jokes in the lunchbox? If your kindergartner isn't reading yet, it will be fun for the children to try and figure out the joke - maybe a cafeteria worker will help. Print the words big and draw some clues for words. Telling and remembering jokes is good for children. It helps them sequence, relate to others, and stimulates their thinking. Laughter releases stress and connects people. Usually, a letter a week is studied in kindergarten. Here are jokes for each letter.
JOKES BY LETTERS
- Aa - What do you call an Ant in outerspace? An ant-ronaut.
- Bb - What do Texas ghosts wear? BOOts!
- Cc - What do Cows listen to? Moo-sic.
- Dd - Why did the chicken join the band? Because he had Drumsticks.
- Ee - Why did the chicken cross the road? For some Egg-citement.
- Ff - What day do chickens hate the most? Fry-day.
- Gg - What do you call a bug that jumps over cups? A Glasshopper.
- Hh - Why do Hens lay eggs? Because if they dropped them, they'd break.
- Ii - How do you keep from getting Icy feet? Don't go around brrrrr-foot.
- Jj - What fish make the best sandwich? A peanut butter and jellyfish.
- Kk - What do kittens like to eat? Mice cream.
- Ll - What do sea monsters eat for Lunch? Fish and ships.
- Mm - Why didn't the Mummy cross the road? He was gutless.
- No - Why did the horse cross the road? To visit his Naaaa-bor.
- Oo - Why kind of ice cream do Oreo cows make? Chocolate and vanilla swirl.
- Pp - What do you get when a Pig and chicken bump into each other? Ham and eggs.
- Qq - Why don't ducks tell jokes when they fly? Because they would Quack up!
- Rr - What are Raisons? Sunburt grapes.
- Ss - Why did the Slimy Smelly SSSSSnake Slither by the Stop Sign to crosssss the Street? To See hissssss Skinny Stinkin Sister.
- Tt - What do you get when you cross an elephant with a fish? Swimming Trunks.
- Uu - What do you call a sad Unicorn? A blue corn.
- Vv - What do you call a cute Volcano? Lava-ble.
- Ww - What do you call a Worm in a fur coat? A catterpillar.
- Xx - What is the difference between a foX and an oX? The letter f.
- Yy - What happened when the cat ate a ball of Yarn? It had mittens.
- Zz - What's black and white and red all over? A sunburned Zebra.
Laughter is the Best Medicine.
Kid Joke Sites:
Is your child having difficulty adjusting to school? An "I Love You" note might help or a pocket heart. Kids love Knock-Knock jokes. Even if they don't get the joke - they will laugh which releases stress and takes their mind off being anxious. On one side of the napkin write a Knock-Knock joke with the answer on the other side. They will eventually be able to read these words if you use them often enough. You might want to have a Joke Jar at home to read on a rainy day. Here are some tips for being a Perfect Kindergarten Parent.
c a t
c a t in the h a t
c a t in the h a t
I know sending your child to school can give you mixed emotions. Sure you are sometimes jumping for joy that you have some "alone" time - but then you may feel guilty or sad and lonely. Maybe this quote will help.
For a glimpse into Kindergarten, see my book Kindergarten: Tattle-Tales, Tools, Tactics, Triumphs and Tasty Treats for Teachers and Parents. Would you like inexpensive ideas, activities, and games to teach your child through play? Mommy with Selective Memory and I can help save your sanity, one project at a time, with The Happy Mommy Handbook: The Ultimate How-to Guide on Keeping Your Toddlers and Preschoolers Busy, Out of Trouble and Motivated to Learn -both are bestsellers make great gifts for parents and teachers. Also available on Barnes & Noble and Kobo. Ebooks only $3.99.
Learn how, and why, Katie and I wrote
The Happy Mommy Handbook.