In celebration of International Book Giving Day, my author friend Vivian Kirkfield and I would like for you to help us choose who will be receiving new books. Visit Vivian at Positive Parental Participation and leave a comment and Vivian will randomly select a winner and send $25 to an organization of your choice. Here is her post for leaving a comment: The Prince and the Pauper: Teaching Kids about Love and Friendship.
I will be giving away two autographed copies of The Happy Mommy Handbook. Simply leave me a comment below and I'll use Random.org to choose a winner. You will receive one copy for yourself and one to give to a friend, your child's teacher, school, or a library. U.S. only please.
Ways to Donate Gently Used Books:
- Leave books at a hospital
- Donate books to your local library for their Friends of the Family book sale
- Donate to the Department of Human Services where books are given to counseling centers, children in transition, and to domestic violence shelters
- Offer books to a school for a classroom library
- Donate books to the Salvation Army or homeless shelters
- Reach Out and Read
- International Book Giving Day lists organizations including Books for Africa, Room to Read, Book Aid International, The Book Bus, The Indigenous Literacy Foundation and Pratham Books.
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Ebooks for Troops
- Share the Joy of Reading with ways to donate locally and globally
Vivian and I are passionate that children have opportunities to share and learn from books. Here is a video where we talk about "Show the Love: International Book Giving Day" with a discussion on Valentine's books, crafts and feelings.