|Autographed copies from Nancy Robinson Masters|
Help children know that all emotions are okay, but it is how we handle our emotions that can be good or bad. You always want children to know that you love them; it is the behavior that may not be appropriate. Reward good behavior and help children know how they can discuss any feeling with you.
There are many picture books that can help describe feelings. I have chosen The Horrible Handmade Halloween Costume as an example - reading it on the video below. My guest is Vivian Kirkfield, the author of Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem through Reading, Crafting and Cooking. Vivian follows the reading with an easy craft to help your child express feelings. You can visit Vivian at Positive Parenting Participation.
I am honored to read The Horrible Homemade Halloween Costume. Nancy Robinson Masters has written over 40 books and is the Recipient of the Scottish Rite Masons’ Stephen F. Austin Distinguished Service Award - the only woman to receive this prestigious award.
Autographed, New edition, 32-Page Full Color, Hardcover with dust jacket copies of The Horrible Handmade Halloween Costume are available for only $13.95 with FREE SHIPPING by clicking Nancy Robinson Masters - then visit her Books page. Her email addresses are on main web page.
HELPFUL COSTUME LINKS:
- 50+ Easy No Sew Halloween Costumes from No Twiddle Twaddle
- Homemade Halloween Costumes from Sun Scholars
- 2012 Homemade Costume Parade from Sun Scholars
- Halloween Costumes Inspired by Nature on Pinterest
- Honey Bee Wheelchair Costume from Wonder Baby
- Genius Costumes for Kids in Wheelchairs on Parents.com
- Montessori Friendly Halloween Picture Books from My Confessions of a Montessori Mom
I love reading your comments. Please feel free to add additional resources.