Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem through Reading, Crafting and Cooking by Vivian Kirkfield is a wonderful book for planning activities to build a child’s confidence – through fun hands-on activities and cooking while a child is being exposed to classic children's literature. The book is recommended for ages two through five but would also be a helpful resource for children of special needs and also parents who homeschool. It shows a guided way for adults and children to cooperatively engage in many avenues of child development through a love of books.
The Table of Contents will give you an idea of child developmental areas covered:
- “One Picture Book is Worth a Thousand Words!” Building Self-Esteem
- “I Can Do It Myself!” Mastering Tasks and Skills
- “I’m Special!” Valuing Strength and Qualities
- "I Love You & You Love Me!” Feeling Appreciated, Loved and Accepted
- “I Am Really Mad Right Now!” Expressing Feelings
- “I’m Afraid!” Acknowledging and Coping with Fears
- “I Like Myself!” Developing a Positive Self-Image
- "Tell Me One More Story, Please!” Creating Family Harmony and Balance
- My Successful Routine – Vivian details her successful routine for teaching preschool, kindergarten or children at home.
Within each chapter are perfect choices of children’s literature totally 100 books. Vivian describes each book and has a Positive Parenting Partiicpation paragraph with insightful benefits in six child developmental areas. Then a craft is detailed and a healthy recipe included for each book.
The book is 230 pages with an index of classic book titles, craft activities and recipes. It is an amazing resource of information. Children will love you for teaching in a such a fun way.
I highly recommend award-winning Show Me How! to teachers, child-care providers, parents and grandparents of young children. You’ll have so many wonderful activities and recipes to coordinate with great children’s literature. It is easy to know that Vivian Kirkfield loves children and has the experience and expertise to help you build self-esteem in those children in your care or to give as a much appreciated gift. The book is available in Kindle and print format. With this type book, I prefer the print copy so that I can write in the "Notes" sections and easily access various topics. You'll have a treasure of ideas and books to share. You can visit Vivian Kirkfield's blog at Positive Parenting Participation.
For a glimpse into Kindergarten see my book. Would you like inexpensive ideas, activities, and games to teach your child through play? Mommy with Selective Memory and I can help save your sanity, one project at a time, with The Happy Mommy Handbook: The Ultimate How-to Guide on Keeping Your Toddlers and Preschoolers Busy, Out of Trouble and Motivated to Learn.